President's Guidelines for On-Campus Events
As the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and campus community continue to remain the highest priority during these times, events using University facilities for internal/external groups or organizations during the 2020-2021 academic year, will require prior approval of the Office of the President. The Office of the President’s approval will consider the following for on–campus events:
- If the on–campus event and use of space advance the mission of the University.
- If the on–campus event commits to ensuring safe social distancing for all by staying at least 6 feet apart, or about two arms’ length, from others. Avoid handshaking, mass gatherings, crowded places, and other forms of physical contact.
- If the on–campus event is in compliance with CDC guidelines and the city and state executive gathering orders at the time of the event.
- If the on–campus event commits to ensuring facemasks and coverings are enforced during the event and in outdoor spaces where 6 feet of physical distancing is difficult to maintain reliably.
- If the on–campus event commits to ensuring and receiving self-certification from attendees by reviewing the “Safe Practices for Visiting Texas A&M-SA Campus during the COVID-19 Pandemic”; and signing/returning the Protocol and Certification Form prior to coming on campus. Attendees will need to confirm the following:
- They have not been determined to be COVID-19 positive.
- They do not have symptoms associated with COVID-19 as they are listed on the CDC “Symptoms of Coronavirus” webpage.
- They have not been in the presence of anyone they knew to be COVID-19 positive in the last 14 days.
- If the on–campus event is able to secure and have readily available Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for attendees at the time of the event.
- If the on–campus event is able to provide a virtual option (live stream or alternate participation locations) for those that are unable to participate in person or unable to RSVP before the capacity limitation. Please refer to the Fall 2020 Hybrid/Virtual Programming Guide.
- If the on–campus event has catering needs, is able to have food prepackaged and use the University’s exclusive food provider, Chartwells unless they decline to provide for the event.